BLT Stuffed Avocados
- 2 large avocados
- 1 Roma tomato, cubed
- 2 slices sour dough bread, toasted and cubed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped spinach leaves
- 8 slices cooked crumbled bacon
- 1/2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried garlic flakes or one fresh garlic clove, minced
Cut avocados in half, remove pit and carefully peel. Try to keep in one piece. Scoop out some of the avocado flesh to make the hole bigger. Put extra flesh in bowl along with remainder of the ingredients. Mix well. Spoon mixture into the holes in the avocado. Mound it up nice. Bake for 12-15 minutes until browned nicely and serve! The original recipe called for rubbing the outsides of the avocado with lemon juice to keep it from turning. We ate them immediately so there was no time for them to turn. If you are making ahead of time or a larger batch of them, you may want to do this to keep them pretty longer. But really you are just going to want to eat them immediately.
Adapted from Stepable.